About Your Norvell® Spray Tan
Norvell® Professional Spray Tan:
Norvell gives you an amazingly natural looking tan that is 100% all natural with no artificial additives or ingredients! Your spray tan will be professionally applied in privacy by a Norvell technician, and will only take about 15 minutes. You will immediately notice a natural looking tan that will continue to develop over 2-5 hours depending on the solution applied.
Once your Norvell tan is applied, you can expect your results to last for up to 5-7 days depending up on your skin type and providing that you have followed the BEFORE & AFTER TANNING instructions listed below.
Follow these important steps to ensure maximum sunless results:
- GENTLY exfoliate your skin prior to your sunless spray session. A gentle, sulfate-free skin polish, such as Norvell® Renewing Sunless Exfoliator, can be used prior to your sunless session.
- Any waxing or shaving should be performed 24 hours in advance of applying sunless products.
- Remove any ‘barriers’ that may prevent the sunless product from absorbing into the skin evenly. These include, but are not limited to: make-up, deodorant, perfume, oils, moisturizers, residue from hair conditioners
- Optimize your skin surface pH levels prior to application. Do not use bar soaps prior to your sunless tan, and apply Norvell® Pre-Sunless xLaTan™ Ph Balancing Spray. xLaTan™ works on the skin surface 3 ways:
- boosts amino acid levels, which work directly with DHA, to maximize sunless color results,
- balances the pH on skin to reduce any ‘orange’ coloring and produce golden brown results, and
- hydrates skin for even and maximum absorption of sunless solution.
For more information about XL-a-Tan, check out our insider tips.
How long should I wait after using a self-tanner before I shower?
DHA solutions take about 16-hours to fully develop. Clients will receive the best results if they can avoid bathing until the day after their sunless session. If they must bathe, they should wait a minimum of 6-hours after the application.
If showering prior to the 16-hour post application recommendation, a simple rinse with water only, is best. Soap destroys DHA. Delayed bathing allows the DHA bronzer sufficient time to complete its reaction with the amino acids (proteins) within the skin.
NOTE: It is important to educate your customer regarding instant/cosmetic bronzers. The cosmetic bronzer is the color that is immediately visible during the session and it will wash off during the first shower, revealing the DHA bronze tan beneath. An uneducated client may think their tan is washing down the drain.
Will the bronzers from a spray tanning application rub-off on my clothes?
If you are using a spray solution with a cosmetic bronzer (water-soluble make-up), some of the bronze color may rub off on clothing or bed sheets. This is most likely to happen when you get dressed immediately after tanning.
To minimize the chance of the bronzers transferring to clothing, we recommend you wear loose-fitting, darker clothes after your spray session. Try to refrain from physical exertion that could result in your sweating until you shower and wash off the cosmetic bronzers.
All cosmetic bronzers used within Norvell® products are water-soluble. Therefore, in most cases, the color will come out of clothing in the wash.
It is however important to note bronzers may stain light hair, wool, spandex, lycra, silks or other fine fabrics. If product comes into contact with hands or clothing rinse immediately.
How long does a spray tan take to dry?
Norvell® Solution should dry enough to re-dress in 8-12 minutes. Your spray technician can reduce this time by removing the spray gun from the quick disconnect air hose and “blow drying” the skin.
Can pregnant women be safely sprayed?
Norvell® Sunless Spray Solutions are non-toxic, and utilize only the best DHA which has been vigorously tested before entering any Norvell formulation.
Each Norvell® solution is:
- Paraben Free
- Gluten Free
- Sulfate Free
- Nut-Allergen Free
- Propylene Glycol Free
- Phthalates Free
- Synthetic Fragrance Free
With all of the above being said, Norvell® does NOT staff licensed physicians, therefore as you would before using ANY product on an expectant mother, we recommend each customer consult with their personal physician before receiving a DHA sunless spray tan application.